Terms and Conditions
Payments For groups for English: A non-refundable registration fee of £60 is due at the time of booking. Payment of fees must be received in full 28 days prior to the course start date, or on registration if less than 28 days before the course start date. Payment may be made by bank transfer, cash, debit card or by sterling cheque drawn on a UK bank account. Bank details are provided on the payment details form. If paying by bank transfer, payment must include ALL bank transfer charges.
Discounts The longer-course discounts apply ONLY when all fees are paid in full in advance of the course start date. We offer a 10% discount for groups of 10 students booking at the same time.
Visas Payment must be received in full prior to any supporting documents being issued. If a visa application is rejected and we receive a copy of the original form (given to you by the Embassy, explaining why your application has been rejected) at least 7 days prior your arrival we will refund the fees received in full, less the registration fee, any courier fees and any bank charges. A cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week’s accommodation and tuition will apply if we receive written evidence less than 7 days prior to arrival. There is a charge each time documents have to be sent by courier, the price will depend on the end address. La Dante cannot be held responsible for decision taken by Embassies or Immigration authorities regarding entry visas or visa extensions. Should your day arrival be postponed due to delayed visa applications, La Dante cannot guarantee the original accommodation allocation. It is our policy, in accordance with UK Government guidelines, to report any student requiring a visa to the immigration authorities should they fail to arrive for their course or leave early without good reason.
Refunds & Cancellation for groups for English:
Cancellation prior to arrival: A cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week tuition and accommodation and the registration fee will apply for all cancellations received less than 21 days prior to the course or accommodation start date – whichever comes first. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you purchase insurance – see separate page for details. Termination of course after arrival: No refunds of tuition or registration fees will be given by La Dante once the student has started a course.
For other languages:
1) Payments must be received in full before attending classes.
2) Fees are non-refundable once the student has signed up, unless the school is unable to start the chosen class. In that case, the school will endeavour to give an alternative solution or give a full refund. No partial refund or credit can be given for classes not attended.
3) One-to-one sessions: for the ten hours pack, the ten sessions have to completed within 12 weeks. – If you are unable to come to the individual class, we need 48 hours notice, less notice will incur into the lesson being charged in full.
4) If the teacher cancels the class, it’s her/his duty to inform the student and reschedule the class in advance.
5) Classes held during the BH Monday will be on the Friday of the same week at the same time.
6) Whenever there are only two students attending the class, it will last one hour since with just two students the teacher cannot progress with the programme and the lesson will be very intensive anyhow.
7) The course fees have to be paid in full before the start of the course. The fees are non-refundable even if circumstances change.
Disclaimer: Apologies, we are unable to supply wheelchair access and to offer tuition for special needs.
Individual lessons policy Payments must be received in full before attending classes. Fees are non-refundable once a course has started. No partial refund or credit can be given for classes not attended. If you are unable to come to the class, we need 48 hours’ notice, less notice will incur into the lesson being charged in full. If the teacher cancels the class, it’s her/his duty to inform the student and reschedule the class in advance. Classes need to be completed within 12 weeks of starting date.
Absence No refunds of tuition or registration fees will be given by La Dante should the student be absent from school for whatever reason. Students must inform La Dante if they are going to be absent from school. Courses may not be extended to include any day/week tuition missed.
Changes to Enrolment (for English) La Dante reserves the right to charge an Administration Fee of £30 each time the course or accommodation is changed after La Dante has confirmed the initial enrolment. 7 days notice must be given if a student wishes to make changes to their course or accommodation.
Material Deposit Students who wish to borrow materials, such as books, CD’s and DVD’s, are required a deposit of £20 at the start of their course. This is refunded at the end of the course provided all borrowed materials are returned in the same condition as they were loaned.
Accommodation Terms & Conditions Accommodation is only available while you are taking a full-time courses at La Dante. Accommodation is booked from the day before your course starts to the day after it ends (This is usually from Sunday to Saturday). If you want to arrive earlier, or leave later, we will try to arrange this but we may have to offer you an alternative such as a hotel for extra nights at extra cost. If you wish to cancel your accommodation, you must give 2 week‘s notice or you will have to pay a fee, normally half the rent. If you wish to leave your accommodation at this time, you must give us at least 1 week’s notice. We will try to arrange for you to return to the same accommodation, but we cannot guarantee to do so. Accommodation in the families is done by one of our agencies: Homestay Consultancy who vets the families and ensures all goes well. La Dante doesn’t carry any responsibility, acts only as an intermediary. You are liable to pay for damage that you cause at your accommodation.
- Courses start: Every term, short and long term courses
- Membership fee: £60
- Visa document courier fee: £60
- Refundable materials deposit of £20 required on arrival
- There are no lessons on weekday public holidays. You will be advised at the time of booking if these affect your course. Course prices will be adjusted pro-rata. Part time and 1:1 students will be offered alternative days.