English for Teenagers
ENGLISH and SPORT: TENNIS and FOOTBALL
From 3rd to 12th July 2022, 12 days
From 17th July to 28th July 2022, 12 days
- English tuition at La Dante in Cambridge in the morning, 2 hours of lesson per day with British CELTA qualified teachers. Our programme based on a communicative approach gives each student a unique opportunity to study English in small classes and to enjoy projects based on British culture.
- Tennis coaching in the afternoon, 4 hours of lesson per week with tennis coaches from the Cambridge Tennis Academy. Experiencing a naturally spoken English as well as form friendships among British teenagers is an excellent way to enhance your son and daughter’s listening and speaking skills.
- 2 sessions of Football training and matches with a team in Cambridge
- Join our FB and Istagram pages
Why choose La Dante in Cambridge?
Our international students make fast progress with our stimulating, interactive study programmes using a variety of activities and modern technology. At La Dante students:
- mix with English and international students;
- enjoy language tandem;
- build up their confidence in understanding and speaking English;
- interview English people in town, listen to podcasts, join sports activities;
- study for General English and exams at all levels;
- live with friendly English host families.
La Dante in Cambridge is an accreditate Trinity College Examination Centre as well as a Cambridge Preparation Centre.
WORK EXPERIENCE IN CAMBRIDGE
La Dante in Cambridge is a not-for-profit European Cultural Centre recognised by the Dante Alighieri Society in Rome with 400 Offices around the world. La Dante promotes English, Italian and Spanish language and culture.
We offer a unique opportunity to students aged 16+ to do work experience in Cambridge in various fields, such as marketing and administration, art marketing and HR. They gain their experience in schools, museums, galleries, shops and restaurants, IT providers, businesses etc. Thanks to our partnership with an award-winning agency, we can give those students who come and study at La Dante the opportunity to gain the required skills for employability and be placed in companies for work experience.
We work closely with our award-winning agency to respond to local businesses’ needs to fill skills gaps and develop employability skills in students, we co-ordinate activities between businesses and universities. Students need inspiration as well as information and guidance, which is best achieved through effective engagement with employers.
The Skills Service has two core strands:
- To improve the aspirations and economic awareness of young people, increasing their knowledge of local businesses, sectors, opportunities available and the skills businesses are looking for.
- To connect students with skills experts to help with staff training and development in order to achieve business growth.
2014 European and Overall World winners of Global Best Awards in the category of ‘Youth Employability Skills’
The programme we offer in Cambridge:
- 15 hours English tuition at La Dante
- 15 hours work placement in a Cambridge company for up to 15 students at a time
- Host families accommodation (rooms for two or three students) with breakfast and dinner
- A/R return to London Stansted airport
- Trip to London (with your own tutor) visiting: Parliament Square, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Oxford Circus and Leicester Square.
What the people are saying about our English Summer School
“The lessons were fun and enjoyable as the teacher was very funny! Lovely students in the class. I learned a lot while at the school and it was fun playing Rounders with other English teenagers.”
“Great achievements in 5 weeks’ tuition and full immersion at La Dante for my daughter. La Dante gave her a wonderful opportunity to meet English teenagers and they are still in touch via Facebook, she came back with a wonderful accent.”