English for Business in Cambridge
English in Cambridge for Law
Professional and stimulating English courses at La Dante in Cambridge
Our business courses are ideal for busy professionals who want to focus on specific topic areas related to their profession. Our trained English teachers will help you maximise your business communication in English.
La Dante specialised teachers offer a course based on English for Law which gives you the confidence to:
- understand the philosophy of doing business in English-speaking countries
- build up sector-specific vocabulary related to your business
- use case studies to focus on intercultural topics and real business scenarios
- choose from tailored individual tuition or lessons in a small group
Find out more information on how to do business in the UK and understand the opportunities and the risks. Ask the experts in our team who will help you achieve the best.
Our team specialises in English for lawyers.
Business English for lawyers at La Dante in Cambridge
A course aimed at young law graduates as well as experienced lawyers wanting to achieve a more profound knowledge of English law.
Improve your legal English
This is an ideal course for students who have an intermediate level of English. A law graduate qualified teacher will be covering aspects of Contract Law, Company Law, Real Property, Employment Law and Family Law. The teacher will employ a practical approach to help lawyers support their foreign clients. There will be practical lessons based on case studies, listening to dialogues between clients and lawyers, articles including letters to clients, role-play and problem solving.
English for law at intermediate level
One week -time to be agreed
- 9.30-12.30 Monday to Thursday
- 2 hours of General English and 1 hour of specialised English for lawyers
- English level required: B1
- Tutor: Rebecca Caute (Law degree and CELTA qualified English teacher)
- Duration: 12 hours, one week course
- Starting: 5th – 12th July (including a weekend in London)
- Location: La Dante in Cambridge, European Cultural Centre
- Afternoon cultural activities: see below
- Business Networking opportunities:
- on Thursday – visit a court of law in Cambridge to attend a live court case (one morning),
- Saturday networking soirée meeting Italian and English lawyers in London in collaboration with a local bilingual solicitor
- Single room accommodation: Monday to Thursday at Murray Edwards College experiencing a College student life with one formal dinner in the College.
- Weekend in London:
- Friday morning travel to London by train, arrive at a b&b with breakfast included
- Saturday: visit Westminster, special walk to Covent Garden and The West End Tour, shopping time. Soirée with bilingual London-based lawyers.
- Sunday – leave
- SESSION 1
Drafting commercial contracts, listening material: contract drafting
Sentence structure in contracts; commonly used verbs
- SESSION 2
Business entities: types and requirements. Listening: setting up a company
Reading and vocabulary practice
- SESSION 3
Civil partnerships, children, mixed marriages
- SESSION 4
Commercial leases; listening material: conference call between lawyer and client
Real estate terminology
Purchasing property; title insurance; subletting
Advising clients in relation to real estate problems
- SESSION 5
International labour law and employment law, questions from employer and lawyer’s answers
Use of employment law terminology; synonyms
Mediation; resolving employment disputes
Listening and writing practice
What you will gain from studying with us in Cambridge
- First-hand experience of a court hearing
- An insight into civil partnerships in the UK
- An understanding of how to deal with clients in different legal situations
Business English courses with Cambridge qualified English teachers
Improve your Business English in Cambridge
Business language skills
You will learn how to:
- describe your services, products and strategies
- conduct online or face to face meetings and negotiations
- communicate effectively when you travel abroad or within your network
- improve your presentation skills in English
The work with a dedicated British qualified teacher will include case studies and business role-plays to give you more confidence in an international business English situation.
Achieving to Speak a fluent professional Business English
We will help you more confident speaking to your network and clients. You will get better at fluency, where speaking and understanding becomes easier, with individual exercises. We will help you to speak English more like English people do. Teachers will use case studies to let you watch and listen while different people speak English in different ways, using different accents. You will also learn how to present to other people.
Reading and writing for business purposes
This part of the Business English course focuses on improving your written English. We look at reading texts from authentic academic and business sources, and teach you the business structure you need to produce successful assignments or reports. Our teachers will show you how to structure and produce business essays and reports for a variety of business studies topics.
HOW TO APPLY:
please let us know more about your needs and your area of expertise and we’ll send you more information followed by a plan for the individual course: firstname.lastname@example.org
What our students think of our Business English courses:
– Well prepared for language learning teaching and methodology
– Can adapt every single lesson to the level and students’ needs
– Great for beginners, especially those who tried to learn using other methods, we benefited from learning and understanding the language with Alexis
– He immediately managed to understand the needs of our company, the activities and the purposes, and then adapt them so that the lessons were also useful in terms of business.
Study and improve your level of English at professional level in the Tourism and hospitality sector.
Do you wish to increase your employability in the Tourism industry?
We’ll help you increase your level of English to work in the tourist industry, for example: hotel employees and management, travel agents, tour operators, airport staff, restaurants and bar staff etc.
Emphasis will be given on the importance of vocabulary to do with tourism or the area you are involved in as well as formal English expressions, polite ways and get used to different accents.
Understanding British culture is another important aspect. Students need to be aware of cultural differences among different countries.
Case studies and different scenarios covered in the English for Tourism course:
- hotel vocabulary
- airport vocabulary
- travel problems and vocabulary
- booking tours, hotels, flights, etc
- types of accommodation
- dealing with complaints
More training with focus on mock situations using telephone skills or presentations will play a crucial aspect of your study at La Dante in Cambridge.
Content sample: hotel or travel
A group of airport security staff will develop different skills and learn different vocabulary than someone working in hotel management. Once we understand your needs, we will prepare our students through every step they face in a real work environment.
A typical outline for hotel staff and reception would be, for example,
- Inquiries and reservations
- Checking in and out, presenting bills, etc
- Reception vocabulary and role plays
- Hotel services, prices, etc
- Food service, allergies, dietary requirements
- Local tours, itineraries, booking, etc
- Complaints and how to deal with them
Textbooks for Tourism and real work situations
Teachers will encourage our students to bring in real-world material brochures, itineraries, timetables, and use these for mock situations in their industry.
Youtube videos with relevant authentic work situations will be used within the course, adding value for real work situations. We’ll make sure that your level in English will reach an excellent level.
How to apply and find out more:
Let us know your objectives, your level of English and what you wish to achieve: email@example.com
With B2 Vantage Business Qualification, you will gain more opportunities at work.
Our Cambridge teachers will prepare for your exam in listening, reading, writing and speaking in accordance with the exam content. The content will focus on real samples of everyday emails, your area of work and business tasks.
B2 Vantage Business Exam:
You might be curious about what is a B2 Vantage Business exam and how does the qualification helps with your career. B2 Business Vantage is one of the three Cambridge English Qualifications for business exams. Each of them is targeted at a different level. B2 is a middle level, which shows employers that you are ready to work successfully with international business companies.
The content for the exam is based on real everyday work and business tasks and is designed to develop your business English skills.
- CEFR level: B2
- Scale score: 160-179
- Test format: Computer and paper-based
- of papers: 4
- Exam Length: 2 hours and 40 minutes
A B2 qualification, shows you can
- Write short business messages and reports
- Read articles from Business publications
- Listen to, understand and give your opinion in business meetings
- Improve your career opportunities.
- More likely to obtain a fast promotion and pay rises
- Accepted globally by TOP multinational firms like Procter & Gamble, HSBC and AstraZeneca, as well as education institutions and business schools
Achieving your English to a worldwide recognised level with Cambridge qualified teachers
With our preparation courses, we will help develop your English to a professional level. We will be teaching you the skills to communicate in real-life business scenarios with our CELTA qualified teachers in accordance with the B2 Vantage Business Exam content. Our teachers have a CELTA qualification from Cambridge for teaching English as a foreign language.
We have already worked with high profile companies like ETT Solutions, Groupon, Amazon Cambridge, with their employees and CEOs achieving great success with our Business English courses.
Improving your communication skills to a professional level and understand different business cultures
Being aware of how people from different cultures behave, increasing your knowledge of the UK Business attitude to work, can attain your business goal and your career to a different level. Our teachers will use current articles, youtube videos, realistic material regarding diverse cultures, they will work on your fluency and presentation skills to reach a professional level.
For example, from a Chinese perspective, negotiations exist primarily as a mechanism for building trust so that two parties can work together for the benefit of both. In business meetings or other situations, you want to build up the relationship and avoid to embarrass or even raise your glass above your Chinese guest.
Or for instance: dealing with German business people, always show data and analytics above all or if you are meeting Italians, always make sure you invite them to a good restaurant.
Our teachers will develop your English to a professional level in a business manner, which enables you to improve your international opportunities.
Feedback from one of our students, a Chinese Engineer working in Cambridge:
‘ I received a great feedback from my Manager while in a meeting with a regional manager the other day who said “his English had improved a lot” Thank you to La Dante and Alexis for the great preparation, I achieved my goal of passing my Business Vantage Exam’
from Leon Cheng on Business Vantage Exam preparation at La Dante
HOW TO APPLY:
Please let us know more about your needs and we’ll send you more information followed by a plan for the individual course: english@ladante-in-
Click here to add your own text